Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Shoe Chronicles--Next Edition

In December, Jack brought the movie The Christmas Shoes home for us to watch as a family. Grace asked what it was about. I told her it was the story of a Mama who's very sick and dying and that her little boy tries to get her a special pair of shoes so that she will look beautiful when she goes to see Jesus.

Having just a few days earlier talked in our devotions about how God doesn't look at the outward appearance, but at our hearts, I was bursting with pride when she wrinkled her little nose and shook her head saying "God doesn't care about shoes, Mom." I beamed at Jack and for about 5 seconds, we were both delighted that our little shoe queen was finally getting some perspective on her obsession. And then she added, "Nope. Cuz God's a guy, and guys don't care about shoes very much!"

Well, Daddy was still proud anyway.

3 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Cute! Hey, have missed you around blogland--good to have you back. I like your posts. :)

DeeBert said...

Wow! Thanks for leaving a few comments. It really is nice to know people are checking in! I had no idea you visited. Thanks!

NoOtherName said...

It warms my heart to see two of my dearest friends blogging back and forth!