Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Difference Between the Sexes

This is a pre-blog experience, but I had to get it down for posterity. (No pun intended.)

About a year ago my friend, Kelly, was watching my girls for the afternoon. This particular friend had a nearly 3 year-old boy and twin 18 month old daughters. With three little ones, going potty was pretty much a family event. . .so naturally my girls just joined the crowd. Now, since there are no little boys around our house, my sweet girls had no idea that boys' equipment was any different from theirs.

So, upon joining the bathroom throng, they were stunned to discover this new thing which Brody, (being a boy), proudly showed off. Noting their obvious curiosity, Kelly quickly jumped in with a simple, factual explanation and all went happily on their way.

Except my darling Grace. She always needs time to process new things and after some very quiet, thoughtful minutes she was ready to talk things over. Going up to Kelly, she summed it all up saying, "Ok. So girls. . .just have butts. . . .And boys. . .have butts with nuts?"

3 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Oh that's a good one. You have me laughing out loud! I needed that tonight. :)

Kara Jo (Jen's friend)

theswamphare said...

That's hysterically funny and it would be a good name for a blog, wouldn't it?

I got here from Jen's blog.

How did the first day of school go for you and yours?

Mark

DeeBert said...

hey you guys, thanks for stopping by--and especially for leaving comments. It's really nice to know someone is reading and enjoying.

We haven't begun school yet--the joy of homeschooling. Mother-in-law is still here, but we'll get rolling next week probably.